Skip to main content

Interview of Rajeev Kumar for his book 'Meri Aarzoo'

Hello everyone! This is my first interview and I was a bit nervous while framing the questions. I didn't know how to ask questions and that too,to an author.I mustered all the courage while penning down the questions. So,let's not wait even for a second and get to the Q/A zone. 



Rajeev Kumar,author of the book 'Meri Aarzoo'
 

Q-Please introduce yourself.


A-I am Rajeev Kumar a budding writer and to manage my living I also work with a corporate sector. I am fond of reading suspense, thriller, and romance books in free time. I am also a food loving person and spent my initial days working with different hotels and retail chain outlets. I feel words so much power that it can change the path of anyone like for eg Shri Mad Bhagat Geeta It was words from Shri Krishna that Arjun was ready to fight battle against his own brothers and elders.

 

Q-That's really a great introduction.After reading the book "Meri Aarzoo", I was flabbergasted to see how the words made it easier for me to comprehend the hurdles of life. How did you manage to knit the words so beautifully?


A-My ideology is very simple, I choose the words which are commonly used while we communicate and therefore the choice of words in my book are also on those lines, so that the reader can feel connected throughout the reading experience.



Q-Yes,words need to be felt.Since the protagonist of the story belongs to the middle class family, I would like to know your ideas on the middle class family in particular.


A-In my opinion a middle class family struggle is way different they have the zeal to achieve things while keeping in mind the family financial and other prevailing condition, they have the burden of family, society, ethics so they live in a very balance form adjusting to all the hurdles and challenges of life. Middle class family has to compromise a lot specially the younger generation sometime for education, Marriage. Even government policies are very limited towards the middle class families, they either take care of the below poverty line people or the upper class with their decision.

 

Q-I agree.How did you feel when your book "Meri Aarzoo" was launched?


A-I felt really happy this was something I wanted to accomplish long back, but when I finally got my hands on my own book it was a proud moment for me.

Q-That must be a long wait.Since the book is composed of thirteen stories, how long did you take to write the book?


A-It took significant time of 4-5 months before I went for the final draft.

Q-It is quite evident that you have researched a lot before writing the book. What are the fields that you have researched on before throwing a light on the shades of life in the book "Meri Aarzoo"?


A-Frankly speaking I hadn’t done any research while writing the book Meri Aarzoo, but yes when I was getting it printed I had done a little research on the publishers.

Q-What is your favourite genre? Since I am a beginner, I would like to know how one can decide which genre is the best.What is your favourite genre? Since I am a beginner, I would like to know how one can decide which genre is the best.


A-Suspense, thriller, romance and mythology interest me a lot. It completely depends on the writer's imagination and mind frame which makes him select a particular genre.

Q-Have you always dreamt of becoming an author since childhood? What inspired you to become an author?


A-I would say no because I had very limited options while growing up, because one has family responsibility and needs to support the family at a very early stage of life. But yes I always had that unanswered question inside which then I started to give shape in the form of words and put them in a story.

Q-I am glad that you suceeded in discovering your hidden talent and you actually worked hard for it.The title is apt. How and when did you decide to choose the title "Meri Aarzoo"?


A-If you read my book all the stories speak of the different desire and dream which the individual is running after, hence Meri Arzoo seemed to be an appropriate title for my book.

 

Q-Last but not the least,what are the steps that the aspiring authors must follow to achieve the pinnacle of success one day?


A-I am also presently a struggling writer. This was my first book and definitely I have to learn a lot before I could preach someone, but yes if one has made up his mind to write a book then the person should focus on the plot and while listening to inner conscience let the words flow on.

Thankyou so much for sparing your precious time from your busy schedule. I cannot thank you enough for giving me this golden opportunity.

                Book Cover 



I hope you all have enjoyed this interview.Let me know your views in the comment section.Thankyou.
Stay safe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Decisions of Heart by Saurabh Pant

 🔴DECISIONS OF HEART🔴 RATINGS:⭐⭐⭐⭐💫(4.5/5) Love demands no barriers. It absolutely has no boundaries. There is no horizon. The thin line of the idea of love forms a slight barrier to the real essence of love. The book is a beautiful work that lets you feel. You may end up breathing the thin air of love and see yourself standing amidst the forest of love. The book lets you reminisce those memories,when you were surrounded with the feeling of love. The poems talk about how everything made no sense when we poured our hearts out infront of our loved ones. Even silence spoke. And it screamed. It said that "Yes,we're in love." And now, it's just a memory of cold, wintry nights on summer days. The thread of love was strong enough to hide those little secrets we shared once. The beauty of each poem lies in the days that glowed once. With the passage of time, it faded. Gradually. But the love continues climbing onto each mountain we see. The poems lets you re-visit those da

Book Review: The Twits by Roald Dahl

While ascending to the top of my bookshelf,I found this book sleeping under a layer of thousand dust particles & adultish ignorance,so I thought I should read it again to relive my childlike thoughts.❤ Roald Dahl's ferocious antipathy against the hairy faces is witnessed at the beginning of the book. Maybe that's why,he never grew one! (HAHA!) The author introduces us to Mr. Twit and Mrs.Twit. Mr.Twit was a man of sixty and he had this big beard,probably to let people consider him to be a "wise and grand" man. The author didn't fail to expound why he hated beards in the first place. And Blake's illustrations will definitely make it easy to make you feel the same . . Mrs. Twit bears ugly thoughts and she was no way better than Mr.Twit. Probably,that's why they're married! (😬). Could you just imagine that Mrs. Twit actually mixed the worms with the spaghetti on her husband's plate. (HAHA!I KNOW EVERYTIME YOU EAT SPAGHETTI FROM NOW,YOU'LL CUR